If you're the kind of person that buys milk and then ends up tossing out half of the container because it expires before you can use it all so you have to pay double for a smaller jug? You are not alone at all. I am definitely guilty.
1. White gravy! Cheese sauce! Saute' up some sausage or bacon and create a gravy starting with flour and the fat that is rendered from the meat or some oil/butter if you don't want meat. Pour in milk slowly while whisking on low heat to keep lumps from forming. It goes faster if you warm your milk past room temp, but it really is optional. At this point, you would be finished, but you have the option of tossing in cheeses to use this milk-dump in so many other different ways. Southern chicken fried steak with parmesan in the crust and sauce elevates the dish to a crazy level.
2. Make up some chai tea or cocoa and freeze it! There's something extra special about milk when you flavor it with exotic spices. Even more special when you use half milk, half coffee in an iced coffee drink when you've chai-spiced your milk. It really is just exotic spices. For the hot cocoa, just heat your milk, add the sugar of your choice, stir in a melted chocolate bar of your preference.
3. Say cheese! Milk of choice, vinegar, salt. That's it. Look it up when you've got the time. You'll be amazed at how many kinds of cheese you can make. Use your newfound knowledge of the basics of cottage cheese to put some fresh into your pancake batter of choice!
4. Pudding! Make lots and lots of homemade pudding! Freeze the pudding in pop molds. You'll thank me later!
5. Use in place of cream for lighter chowders, soups, and stews that either require a lot of milk to cook in or finish with it.