Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Vows

Do you guys want to read my vows? I've written them, and I don't think I'll change them much. I know it's a long shot for Patrick to write his, but I'm going to read these regardless. I want the world to hear how I feel about him. I want my mom and his mom to understand that this really is forever for both of us. Neither of us believe in divorce. We wouldn't be going through with this if we weren't 100% sure that we could tolerate each other for the rest of our lives should something happen to go wrong. We are realistic about things, and we know that people fall away from each other. He's still my best friend, and I'm still his. Nobody gets me the way that he does, or tolerates me the way that he does. No other chick could tolerate him, so I know I'm good there, lol. (That really was a joke, guys. Sort of.)

'You are the greatest man that I have ever or will ever know. You are the example of what every man should be when it comes to being understanding, patient, reassuring, chivalrous, and kind. It didn't take anything for me to fall head over heels in love with you, and it takes nothing for me to fall for you all over again every day that I get to spend with you. You always somehow manage to make every day as good as it can be. You give me everything I could ever need or want, even when it's unreasonable, just because it makes you happy to see me smile. You're always my number one friend, and I always seem to be yours. You understand almost everything about me, and that's really saying something considering how weird I am. Things may get rough, but we'll both know that we have each other in times that we may feel that nobody else is around. You show me a compassion that is almost limitless, so much that I sometimes find it hard to think that it's possible that I could ever deserve you. It will be an honor, a privilege, and the greatest gift you will ever give to me when I walk back down this aisle with you as my husband. Thank you for you, the good parts and the bad ones. For as long as I live you will know that I cherish you. I love you with all that I am.'

2 comments:

  1. Love the vows Theresa!! It makes my heart happy to see how in love you and your Patrick are! Phonepest/Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a lot to get to where I'm at in my life. I pray that everyone finds the happiness that I worked so hard to get. He's really amazing.

    ReplyDelete